About Academics Unit
The goal of the Academic, Training, Innovation and Research unit of Central Board of Secondary Education is to achieve academic excellence by conceptualising policies and their operational planning to ensure balanced academic activities in the schools affiliated to the Board. The Unit strives to provide Scheme of Studies, curriculum, academic guidelines, textual material, support material, enrichment activities and capacity building programmes. The unit functions according to the broader objectives set in the National Curriculum Framework-2005 and in consonance with various policies and acts passed by the Government of India from time to time.
Some major objectives of the Unit are:
- To define appropriate approaches of academic activities to provide stress free, child centred and holistic education to all children without compromising on quality.
- To analyse and monitor the quality of academic activities by collecting the feedback from different stakeholders.
- To develop norms for implementation of various academic activities including quality issues; to control and coordinate the implementation of various academic and training programmes of the Board; to organize academic activities and to supervise other agencies involved in the process.
- To adapt and innovate methods to achieve academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles.
- To encourage schools to document the progress of students in a teacher and student friendly way.
- To propose plans to achieve quality benchmarks in school education consistent with the National goals
vii. To organize various capacity building and empowerment programmes to update the professional competency of teachers.